Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Evolution of the Bath Tub - ต้องอาบน้ำ

While I was climbing about up some hills one day I spotted an old bath tub that someone had dumped. It was fine except for a broken hole where the overflow was. I figured that it would be easy enough to seal up, so the next day with the help of a friend we lugged it in the back of his truck and took it back to my place.

It began as an outside bath...
 

 

The kids loved it!

So did I!

HDR Photo...

 Later I dug and crafted a stream in the front garden and the bath became a pond. A few plants and a few fish later and the job was a good one. Eventually I moved it back behind the house to make way for my next slightly bigger project, building a plunge pool. 



 





I'm currently digging a massive hole in the garden to make way for my very own plunge pool. Its been a dream of mine for a while. So, one day I just started to dig and I'm still bloody digging. I could have got a digger in to do it for cheap here but I figured that I would get a nice workout from it. The eventual idea is to make a pool for under 10,000 Baht which is about 200 English quid. The pool will be natural, in that there will be no chlorine or salt. The idea is that plants in the water will act as the filter/regeneration zone and a few waterfalls will add oxygen. Whether this will work I'm not sure... We shall see. I know there are many other people curious to see if it will stay clean. I hope it does! If all goes wrong then I can always turn it into a big fish pond. Ahh experimenting and garden living! : )

No comments: